Who We Are
WE WORK WITH, AND FOR, OUR FRIENDS.
KGA’s chemistry boils down to one heartfelt premise: We treat our colleagues and our clients as we would our friends. Our continued success depends on a culture of mutual wellbeing, accomplished through inspired innovation, personal connection, respectful communication, and well-earned celebration.
What We Offer
- On-going professional development
- Opportunity for career advancement and career achievement
- An environment where ideas and innovation are welcomed
- An organization that values giving back and paying it forward
- A belief that health and happiness breeds creativity and innovation
The Opportunity: Associate Architect
A licensed Architect and design professional with an existing client and project list, or a desire to develop a sphere of design and management influence within the firm. Works independently or under the direction of a Principal Architect or the Director of Design.
- Engage in on-going business development activity and be a revenue contributor for the firm with the goal of creating a sustainable book of business.
- Contribute to the firm’s content marketing strategy.
- Lead the design process to deliver architecture that meets the project/client needs and market conditions.
- Be a financial steward of the business and your client’s projects; by delivering projects on schedule and within budget with a high degree of client satisfaction and superior customer service.
- Offer expertise for determining building and zoning codes in a variety of jurisdictions.
- Cultivate new or leverage existing relationships within various municipalities for the benefit of our clients.
- Prepare and fulfill agreements and contracts.
- Oversee and participate in the production of CADD presentations and plan documents.
- Attend and contribute to weekly scheduling and asset allocation meetings.
- Participate as requested with company leadership and have a working knowledge of the business operations and financials.
- Share knowledge to train and mentor junior staff and various team members.
- Steward company standards and procedures.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
What We Are Looking For
Experience & Ability
- NCARB Licensure; CA license a bonus
- Minimum 10+ years of work experience in the practice of architecture
- Team lead, having had 2 or more direct reports
- Proven track record or sincere interest in business development
- Construction observation required, construction administration a plus
- Expert level knowledge of building codes and construction methods and materials
- Critical path implementation
- AutoCAD and REVIT proficiency required
- Adobe Creative Suite, Lumion or equivalent and Sketch Up a plus
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
Characteristics & Qualities
- A passion for architecture and other interests that feed your soul
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to bring your best everyday
- An interest in on-going growth and improvement
- Solution-focused problem solving
- Creativity, accountability, honesty and respect
If you are interested in this employment opportunity with KGA, please email a cover letter, resume and portfolio or similar sample of work to Jennifer Williams at email@example.com.